Friday, December 28, 2007

First Day of Chemo

Today was the first of three chemo treatments. Will return in three weeks, but there are some followups each week. See the doctor and received IVs at least twice each week, plus blood tests to makes sure blood cells are holding up. Today took about 5 hours because they give you a 1 liter IV to get hydrated, then some anti-naseau medicine, then the chemo, then another IV. Hydration is the key to staying healthy on this stuff.

After that, I went for my 3rd Radiation treatment. The "Mask" put a little hurt on me because I keep failing to get it fitted perfectly before they strap it down. Will keep trying to get that right.

Talk about a humbling experience, there were two 70-80 year old frail ladies in the chemo room today. One is on her third time, 1998, 2002, and 2007-08. Her comment to me was "piece of cake." So how you gonna whine now Big Sarge? The "Mask" ain't diddle, so suck it up.

No comments: