Thursday, January 24, 2008

Day 21 - Radiation Treatments

Yesterday Elroy had me on the ropes a couple of times with the choking thing but at the end of the day I was still standing. Went into the radiation treatments worried I would start gagging when they put the mask on, but after I fitted into it, I relaxed and promptly took a nap. He's going to have to better than this.

Had a good night sleep, so relaxing and concentrating on controlling the gag reflex is how to fix this. That and hitting the Caphosol more often.

Starting the day hydrated, pumping in the vitamins and anti-oxidants is first order of business, then keeping the water flowing all day long. Am feeling pretty good today. The throat is sore, so I took a teaspoonful of the pain medicine, pain managed.

Attitude, you can have a good one, or a bad one. Only one works for you. Elroy has no chance.

Update: Pretty good day, but was a little tired and only put in 13 minutes on the treadmill. Probably not enough fluids and was up several times during the night.

Was able to control the gagging all day and the treatment went without a hitch. Fell asleep again.

I'm down to 200 pounds from 205 at the beginning of the week so will need to increase the protein shakes and get the calories up to 2,000 per day. Eating is no longer an option so the shakes will have to do. Can't be looking like "Skelator."

1 comment:

shirley said...

I love you more than I ever have. You are such a motivated man and I am so proud of you.