Friday, January 25, 2008

Four Weeks Down, Two to Go

Finished the fourth week of Radiation and now get a two day break from zapping and stabbing by doctors. Had a pretty good day, probably thanks to the IV this morning and an increase in protein shakes. Still dealing with the saliva issue, but have been pretty much "gag" free all day. Just have to control it.

Bought some 350 calorie "Ensure Plus" brand shakes which is about 100 calories more than the ones we were using, and will increase to at least 6-7 per day. Should control the weight loss.

Putting aloe vera plant juice on the outside of my neck which is starting to get red from the radiation and some vaseline type stuff the doctor gave me Tuesday. The neck is getting pretty stiff, so I have to work it out several times a day. Don't want to look like "Woody" in Toy Story.

Have lost all sense of taste, so pushing fluids through the tube is an hourly routine now. Got to keep it going, because when I'm hydrated, I feel good.

Elroy had me on the ropes a couple of times this week, but at the end of the week, I'm still standing, still ready to go the distance.

No comments: