Friday, February 8, 2008

Day 32 Radiation - Chemo Number 3

Today is the last day for both radiation and chemo treatments.  Elroy is giving it his best shot, kept me up again most of the night with the choking thing, but what I guess he doesn't realize is that 72 hours with no sleep is no big deal, been there done that, but was humping a 75 pound rucksack through the jungle, so how hard can it be staying awake watching HD TV?  Hello!

Going in early today to get blood work and Chemo started.  The Chemo process takes most of the morning because they start off with an IV to get me hydrated, then give me a couple of pre-meds to keep the nasuea under control, then the Chemo, then another IV.  I'll go back a couple of times in the next week for more IVs to make sure I stay hydrated.

The outside of my neck is official "toast."  Worst sunburn you can imagine.  Can't see, but suspect deep in my throat it's much worse, just can't put any cream on it like I can the outside.  Have pretty much lost the hair on the lower half of the back of my neck, so I don't expect to see any hair there for the next 1,000 years......

One more to go and then we start rebuilding. 

No comments: