Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Good Day Bad Day

The day started pretty well, was having some serious "spitting" going on first thing in the morning thanks to the BS saliva substitute the doctor gave me Friday.  Used it once on Saturday and haven't quit spitting since.  Wish it would wear off.  Not too bad the rest of the day until around 1800 then it started again and I got choked on my own spit.  Ended up busting loose some of the mucus in my throat, so started gagging and spitting up some bloody chunks.  Finally got it under control and the throat actually feels a little better.  Guess it was stuck.

Was able to put down about 6 over easy eggs, three protein shakes, Shirley's Green Monster concoction (vitamins/green stuff), and three of four glasses of water.  Need to increase the water.

Walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes and got in an arm workout on the bowflex.  Limited to arms and legs only thanks to the port for taking the chemo in my chest.  Can't work chest or back because it might sever the cathater and drop it into my heart.

Molly came over with Stevie and is spending the night.  I love that puppy, cracks me up and really picks up the mood when she's here.  Too funny.

No comments: