Friday, January 18, 2008

Over the Hump

Today was the 17th Radiation Treatment of 32.  I thought it was only 30, but they told me yesterday 32, either way, I'm still counting down the days.

Also had Chemo Treatment number 2 of 3.  Turned out to be a good day overall, had a banana, some peaches, a little salmon and brussel sprouts by mouth, and 3 protein shakes, so was able to get some pretty calories in.  Still dropping weight, but not much. 

Biggest good news, is I started Caphosol (sp) mouthwash which has helped with the massive saliva onslaught that has plagued me the last few days.  Worst side affect by far up to this point.  Have to literally pull spit out of my mouth with the consistency of super glue.  Gets all over my face and hands and have to wash it off.  Pain in the rear and has choked, gagged, and drove me crazy.  If we can keep that under control, no sweat.  Also gave me some medicine to help with a yeast infection in my throat, probably has something to do with the saliva problem as well.

Still positive, still motivated.  Shirley doing a great job as my nurse.  I'm a lucky man.

No comments: