Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Day 5 After Last Treatment

Elroy making a comeback.  Last night I was up all night coughing and in pain.  Guess the doc wasn't kidding that the effects from Radiation would continue for a couple of weeks after they stopped because my throat is on fire.  Even with the painkiller, if I swallow if feels like somebody turning on a blow torch down there.  Causes me to gag constantly and eventually throw up what little I've tried to take in today. 

Running on empty right now.  The outside of my neck is really sore, fortunately as long as I keep the creme or lotion on it, it's okay, but the little sleep I did get last night would usually end when I rubbed off the creame onto the pillow and then wake up in pain.  Painkiller is doing okay, but when I swallow it really hurts, so hopefully this won't last too long. 

Hard to take the liquid painkiller, because I can't hold anything down, so usually just spit it up.  Not a good day, but I'm still standing.  Just have to suck it up a few days, because Elroy ain't gonna win.  No way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike:

I was so glad to see things were moving along-sorry that Elroy decided to hit hard again. Your documentation of this war is an inspiration to many of us. Just keep on keeping on!

Joe at NDIC.