Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Update

Okay, this morning while getting my followup IV fluids, we had a lengthy discussion with the Chemo Doc about what happens next.  Basically the feeding tube stay in until I can eat/drink without it, so maybe another two-four weeks.  Will do a complete PET scan of the entire body in about a month to set the standard for followup exams.  Looks for any cancer that may have floated to another area of the body, but we don't consider that a possibility at this point, but you never know.  Anyway, once that's done we'll talk about removing the IV port in my chest.  If they were to find a cancer somewhere else, back to Chemo treatment, if not I won't need it and can get back to working out without restrictions so I'm anxious to get this over with.  Everything looks good, I feel really good and the throat is coming along.  Actually drinking a little water today, so just have to get on with it.  Elroy was a punk.

No comments: