Saturday, March 29, 2008

Elroy On the Run Now

After a long week of not having any progress and one day an actual setback against ole Elroy, I went in Friday (yesterday) for my followup with the Radiation Doctor who decided that she would increase (double) my pain medicine so I can start eating some real food and finally make some real progress on my throat. 

Talk about a turnaround.  This morning I had two biscuits with brown gravy and a fried egg for breakfast.  Now, given a small yogurt about killed me (pain wise) just two days ago, this is a big deal. 

Also did a full workout today, after a 30 minute walk this morning, so life has suddenly gotten much better. Worked all week, but had to come home early on Wednesday, because the pain was so bad. 

The best part of this, is the increase in pain medicine from 25mcg per hour to 50mcg per hour (via the 72 hour patch), DID NOT MAKE ME SLEEPY.  So I feel the same physically, but can EAT. 

Where's that T-Bone?

No comments: