Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Scope the Throat Day

I went back to the ENT surgeon today and he ran a camera down my throat and it's nothing outside the norm. I have to start swallowing more to get the muscles working and keep the scar tissue loosened up, so I'll just have to power through it.  He assures me that exercising the throat is very important to getting better.

My throat is restricted on one side so steak and potatoes are out for now, but drinking shakes should work. May be 6 months before its really back to normal, but at least I have a plan.

Plus they'll have the speech therapist do some swallowing tests and give me some other stuff to help open it up more. Maybe even run a expanding device down there to stretch it out.

I got to take a look at the screen when he had the camera in and man they burnt me hard. I told him how many rads of radiation they gave me and he said something about a sledgehammer.....

I have an appointment with the surgery clinic to work on getting this IV port out of my chest tomorrow so I can start lifting weights. Not sure if they'll actually perform the surgery tomorrow or just do the consult for it.

Anyway, at least it's not something permanent so I just need to SUCK IT UP, Mike

No comments: